Tuesday, September 28, 2010

C++ Primer - Week 0

I decided a while ago that I didn't have a good enough grounding in C++, so I ended up getting a book called the 3rd edition of "C++ Primer" by Stanley B. Lippman and Josée Lajoie from a library at Purdue. It was sitting in my apartment for a while, since I had a lot going on in my life at the time, but I can have it indefinitely, as long as I remember to renewing it online.

I recently decided to work my way through it before the week preceding my final exams (Sunday, December 12th), and so far I have like the book, and I am thinking of buying the fourth edition after I finish going through this one, since the library only had third edition, which was released in 1998, and the fourth edition was released in 2006.

So far, I'm in the middle of the 2nd chapter of the book. There are are 20 chapters in the book and 10 weeks until the week of December 12th starting next week. If I finish the 2nd chapter by the end of this week and complete 2 chapters a week starting next week I can finish the book with a week to spare.

I will post an update every Saturday until I finish the book, detailing my progress and what I have learned.

EDIT: Add page breaks 7/8/11

No comments:

Post a Comment