Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nuzlocke Challenge 1.0 - Beginnings


I am starting my first nuzlocke challenge in Pokémon Red. I am using a slightly modified set of rules.


RULES:
  1. If your pokémon faints, you have to release it.
  2. You can only catch the first pokémon you meet in an area.
    • If the pokémon is one you have previously caught or is along the same evolutionary path as one you have caught in the past, then you may skip that pokémon. You may repeat this until you receive a unique pokémon.
  3. All pokémon must be given nicknames.


Name - PhaZ
Rival - Gary (for the lack of a better idea)

I rush through the welcome intro, I take the chance to get the potion out of the PC. I head over to the grass, and after another intro segment I pick Squirtle (Lvl.5) and name it Turtlesaur (Ya, I know it's not the most creative name). I then proceed to kick Gary's butt, and Turtlesaur goes up a level (Lvl.6).

Next, I run to Viridian City to pick up Professor Oak's parcel, so I could finally get on to catching some pokémon (Since it's impossible to get Poké Balls at this time, I am skipping rules 2 until I can get some). On the way, I have a couple battles, and Turtlesaur goes up another level (Lvl.7). After I get the parcel, I bring it back to Oak and get my Pokédex, and a map from Gary's sister. After that, I travel back to Viridian City and finally got some Poké Balls. Let's catch some pokémon!

I go down to Route 1, and get a Pidgey (Lvl.3), which is good. It's much better than Rattata in my opinion. Next, I go up and over to Route 22, and get a Rattata (grrrrr...). I was hoping for a Nidoran or Nidorino...

With the initial catching done, I heal up, and go back to Route 1 to train my new pokémon before ending for the day. Pidgey went up two levels (Lvl.5), and learned sand-attack. Ratatta went up one level (Lvl.4).

I didn't decide on rule 3, until after I finished, so they will be exceptions until I get to the renaming man.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar issues 7/6/11
EDIT: Added a link to the next post 7/7/11
EDIT: Add page breaks 7/8/11
EDIT: Grammar 7/17/11
EDIT: Updated links at the top 7/17/11





CURRENT TEAM


Turtlesaur
Lvl.7
Pallet Town
Pidgey
Lvl.5
Route 1
Ratatta
Lvl.4
Route 22



BOX


N/A



R.I.P. - NEVER FORGET


N/A


No comments:

Post a Comment