Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nuzlocke Challenge 1.2 - Insects & Sacrifice



When we last left off, I had just beat Gary, and was ready to tackle the Viridian Forest. My goal this time is to pick up a Pikachu, but first I have to pass through Route 2. This post is actually a combination of some small play sessions, since they weren't long enough for individual posts by themselves.

I catch my pokémon for the area, but unfortunately I get a Weedle (Lvl.3), but at least its the better of the two bug pokémon in the area. Also, getting a Weedle now means that I can skip the most common pokémon evolution chain in Viridian Forest, and improves my chances of being able to get the rarer pokémon. I name it Weedly. I decide to make a quick detour to the poké center before continuing.

*Taking Break From Game*

My plan is to first wander around and get my pokémon for the area, and train a bit. Here's to hoping I get a Pikachu. *Crosses Fingers* ...I ended up getting a Caterpie (Lvl.3). I name it Catertear. I guess I'll be keeping it as an extra for the most part. I make a quick visit to the poké center.

*Taking Break From Game*

I decide to train my new pokémon on Route 2, making a some quick heal runs throughout. I almost lose Catertear once when it gets brought down to 2HP.  :-O  Also, a level 3....wait , scratch that....a level 2 Rattata can kick the butt of a level 4 Caterpie...  :-|  Weedly and Catertear both go up three levels (Lvl.6), and Rattata went up a level (Lvl.9). That, should be enough. Let's Head To Battle.

I beat the first trainer of the area, but Pidgey was poisoned. I don't want to use my last antidotes, so I make my way back to the poké center.... ;-( Unfortunately on the same step that put me in front of Nurse Joy, was also the step that killed Pidgey... Lesson Learned....

R.I.P. Pidgey - Never Forget... It was the first pokémon I caught, and the first pokémon to be lost in action.

I heal up, so the rest of my team doesn't have the same fate, and buy four more antidotes, so I can feel free to use them when needed. I head back out, and challenge the next trainer of the area, while feeling a bit more cautious. First up is Weedly against my opponents Weedle (Lvl.7). I switch out to my stronger Turtlesaur and finish it off quickly. He let's loose a Kakuna (Lvl.7), and it harden, then harden, then harden..... it takes a bit of time, but I eventually finish it off too. Finally he sends out another Weedle (Lvl.7), and I make quick work of it, but it poisons Turtlesaur.... Oh no, not again! I immediately cure it after the battle. Turtlesaur gains a level (Lvl.10). Weedly levels up (Lvl.7) as well as evolving into Kakuna!!! Woot! My first evolution in the game!

*Taking Break From Game*

Time for a quick heal, and I'm off again. Now I just have one last trainer before I'll be out of this forest...and done with getting poisoned for a while...I hope. The trainer was a pushover. He only had a level 9 Weedle, but my level 7 Weedly managed to own it. B-) Weedly went up a level (Lvl.8). Now that I've finished Viridian Forest, I can move on to my first gym battle, Brock, but that's for my next post. Stay Tuned!

EDIT: Forgot to update the trainer card 7/17/11



CURRENT TEAM

Turtlesaur
Lvl.10
Pallet Town
Ratatta
Lvl.9
Route 22
Weedly
Lvl.8
Route 2

Catertear
Lvl.6
Viridian Forest

N/A
N/A

BOX


N/A
N/A
N/A

R.I.P. - NEVER FORGET


Pidgey
Lvl.9
Route 1
N/A
N/A


No comments:

Post a Comment